Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Messages from a Nut Case



Being a single gal, I utelize all sorts of outlets to meet guys.  Most of them strip your soul bear and leave you wanting to buy a half a dozen cats... this means having profiles on dating sites.  True, none of them have been remotely successful or even satisfactory, but you got to do what you've got to do.  This was a recent guy, that I lovingly refer to as the Nut Case, that contacted me on one of these sites.


Message From: Nut Case 
Oct 23, 2011 – 11:51am
hi there how are you i like ur profile u seem nice n sweet would ulike to chat :):):)
____________________________________
Message From: Nut Case 
Oct 23, 2011 – 11:53am
btw i absolutely love and adore dogs they are so cute and lovong :)
____________________________________
From the Peanut Gallery:  Ok, I'm going to be the first to admit it, but I DO judge people who write emails like they're texting and don't know how to use spell check.  It makes me think that they're lazy and dumb.  It's a really big turn off for me.  I'm just being honest.  Put your back into it, would ya?

After reading this guy's profile, I wasn't excited about anything I saw in there - especially the grammar and spelling.  But hey, you just never know.

____________________________________
Message From: Me
Oct 24, 2011 – 7:03pm
Hi there, 
Thanks for the message! Did you have a nice weekend? Do anything exciting? What kind of special ed kids do you work with? You're a dog lover huh? They're awesome. Have you ever thought of getting a dog? I hope you're having a nice evening. 
GramercyGal

____________________________________
Message From: Nut Case 
Oct 26, 2011 – 5:23pm
im not on here much heres my # in case u wanna take a chance with me 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX anytime i hope i hear from u real soon:) 
Nut Case:)
____________________________________
From the peanut gallery:  I'm not a fan of someone who doesn't respond to my initial message and then wants to talk on the phone.  Something about it makes me uneasy - like that he's illiterate.  I'd rather initiate the phone call or at least express that I'd like to talk to you.
____________________________________
Message From: Nut Case
Oct 29, 2011 – 10:47am
thought i wouldve heard from u by now would love to chat 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX anytime:)
____________________________________
From the peanut gallery: Yeah, I have a life and I never said I would call him or that I wanted to.  I was still on the fence about calling him anyway.  Hmm... a little needy.
____________________________________
Message From: Me
Oct 31, 2011 – 7:07pm
Sorry! I've been super busy. I'm just taking a little break from work now. This week's a little nuts for me. I have to work late the next couple of nights and then I have family coming into town on Thursday through the weekend. What days are good to call next week?
____________________________________
Later that night... about 9 pm

I decided to call him.  I had a little time until I had to go to my staff meeting, and I thought that was more than enough time to say hello or at least leave him a message.  He picked up and was obviously out on the town.  Admittedly, I couldn't find his name in the initial email, but I did apologize once I hesitated and I did eventually find it.   He didn't know who the hell I was either, so I was okay with this.  We laughed it off.

He couldn't talk right then but said he would text me the next day - for what I assumed was to plan a time to talk.  I said that I may have some free time the next evening to talk, but that I had a really busy week ahead of me and not much free time.  That was it.  The end.
____________________________________
Text From: Nut Case
Nov 1, 2011 7:20 AM
Good mornin GramercyGal:)
____________________________________
Text From: Me
Nov 1, 2011 8:03 AM
Morning!
____________________________________
Text From: Nut Case
Nov 1, 2011 8:12 AM
Hi there beautiful.
____________________________________
From the peanut gallery: Ugh.  Gag.  Really, dude??  You don't even know me.  That's creepy.
____________________________________
Text From: Nut Case
Nov 1, 2011 5:26 PM
What happened 2u u tex me good mornin n that was it
____________________________________
From the peanut gallery: It's that thing called work that I go to everyday.  It really cuts in to my texting time.
____________________________________
Text From: Me
Nov 1, 2011 6:24 PM
Sorry, I'm just not comfortable with us texting to get to know each other. Its not very organic to me. I'd rather talk on the phone. As I said before, I'm more available next week.
____________________________________
From the peanut gallery: And then this happened...
____________________________________
Text From: Nut Case
Nov 1, 2011 6:42 PM
Excuse me u call me after a week after i leave u my number when u only have a few min 2talk and now u wnt tex with me cuz its not organic but u cant call me Till next week thats nuts
____________________________________
Text From: Me
Nov 1, 2011 7:51 PM
Good luck to you.
____________________________________
Text From: Nut Case
Nov 1, 2011 10:06 PM
Excuse me u call me after a week after i leave u my number when u only have a few min 2talk and now u wnt tex with me cuz its not organic but u cant call me Till next week thats nuts
____________________________________
From the peanut gallery: Apparently it bared repeating.  Hmm.
____________________________________
Text From: Nut Case
Nov 1, 2011 10:12 PM
Wow u must have a split personality u have nere u wait a week 2 call me cant even remember my name then can only talk 4 a few min then u wnt tex n say ull call me next week UR A FUCKIN FREAK ASS CRAZY NUT WOW  goodluck 2u
____________________________________
From the peanut gallery: Wow, clearly this was the one I let get away... what a catch!  At least I didn't have to spend any time with him... or even talk to him.  They seem to be going crazier on me at a rapid rate, which honestly saves me a boat load of time!



6 comments:

  1. Interesting exchange to say the least.. people are crazy. Is it okay to judge people when you don't hold yourself to the same standards of spell checking your blog posts?
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that ONE mispelling totally compares to the other guy's typing ability.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are several misspellings. Dave makes a fair point; I find this a fun blog, but editing and spelling aren't the strong points in any of the posts I've read. If you're going to make a point of judging people on certain criteria, you should make sure you're in a position to judge. I think a reasonable thing for GramercyGal to say is, I don't like people to write in textspeak, I prefer they use conventional daily English as I do. If she were to say, I prefer they use impeccable English as I do -- yeah, high horse: get off it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on dating sites for years and this happens to me all too often. So frustrating! Nothing gets me more than "hi u r cute" or "wats up"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate textspeaking, a total turn off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I friggin love guys like that (total sarcasm). I remember I once went out with this guy (it wasn't a date, but I guess he thought it was) and I would get these text messages like "I want breakfast, I'm coming over to spend the night" or other cornball lines. I finally had to make him realize that I had no interest in him by telling him I "felt uncomfortable with how he spoke as my other male FRIENDS don't talk to me as such."

    To this day I sort of feel bad about it, but you have to do what you have to do.

    ReplyDelete